Main Menu

avengertiger discuss

Started by avengertiger, January 13, 2011, 11:28:27 AM

avengertiger

hunted

such an awesome car man, did I read correctly that you will bringing it over here when it suits?

oldschool

Great car, just wondering why it has a single row timing chain?

avengertiger

ah time and money i suppose when  got the car it had the correct head/carbs etc but had a 1600 block and at the time i left it into skip browns for a rebuild they rang when they had it stripped to say the block was scrap and so i had the head sent back home and all i had at the time was a 1500 engine with low mileage approx 30k so i rebuilt it instead and purchased a new cam and single row timing chain as the duplex runs a different front cover which i didnt have,so i ran with what i had and will pick up the proper cover and duplex when one comes up.
the new engine has been completly rebuilt with new genuine pistons,cams,bearings etc etc and the engine builder doesnt hang around so he got what i had collected over the years to keep going.the engine should be going in next week all going well some small parts we were waiting on arrived.
the only thing i changed from standard was the combined inlet exhaust manifold on the tiger for a seperate inlet and tublar manifold hard to get the originals now without cracking i have one its just falling apart from years of abuse.
interior should be back on track now to so will post up some more pics when there is something to show..

avenga

Engine is looking really good in the car, can't wait to see it with those big carbs on it. I love the look of an Avenger with big sidedraft webbers or dellortos.

Good call on the electric fuel pump. I run an electric fuel pump on both my Avengers.

Can't wait to see the next round of progress shots, keep up the good work.

1975 Hillman Avenger 1300 Super, 1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, 1980 Chrysler Avenger 1.3GL

http://www.carphotos.co.nz
RPM Photography

avenga

Man that looks so awesome with the spotties on. Hurry up and get it over here so I can drool over it in person.

I can't wait to see your next bunch of photos because you are doing a top notch effort on the restore. Such a truely awesome car!

Keep up the good work and post more pictures  ;D

1975 Hillman Avenger 1300 Super, 1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, 1980 Chrysler Avenger 1.3GL

RPM Photography

avengertiger

thanks richard doin what we can we are no professionals so its just as good as you can get at home.i am hoping with the bumpers and bonnet pins on it will look good from the front im already liking the look of it.

avenga

Wow you are doing an amazing job for a home job. I would have sworn that was a professional job.

RPM Photography

oldschool

There's an Avenger Tiger selling for 5200 pounds on eBay (shipping to NZ is about $3000) is that a good deal?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HILLMAN-AVENGER-TIGER-/220756869443?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3366228143#ht_866wt_932

avengertiger

yes it would be a good price but this was the one for sale on pistonheads recently for 7995 so it may fetch a few more punds sterling,but it has all the correct parts and is known to the club,3000 dollars for shipping is that all in port charges,maf,duty etc when i looked into it for mine i believe it was going to be around $5k all in more or less.
you never can tell on ebay how much it will end up at but i will be surprised if it doesnt go past 7k sterling which would be up over $14k wouldnt it?

avengertiger

seller says he is member on asoc and i seem to remember buying spares over the years from him but its not listed for sale on the club forum so i have asked a few questions about it see who owns it and what he is prepared to let it go for.
just not sure why it was on pistonheads and removed for ebay???

avengertiger

bidding ended at 5600 which really surprised me as they have been changeing hands for 7k plus for the last few years sign of the times i suppose not a lot of cash around for old cars in europe.
im wondering if it was sold or withdrawn though!!!

gt

Quote from: avengertiger on March 26, 2011, 08:05:59 PM
seller says he is member on asoc and i seem to remember buying spares over the years from him but its not listed for sale on the club forum so i have asked a few questions about it see who owns it and what he is prepared to let it go for.
just not sure why it was on pistonheads and removed for ebay???
dave i think the car is being sold by mark timson as its his user account on ebay, it must have been with drawn and sold as i would imagine it would have made more money than this?
though it is not owned by mark timson i dont think,probably he is selling it for the member/friend in the asoc?

avengertiger

is it mark timsons username,i see wonder why that is,i would hope it got more than 5600 or mines staying put :-\

oldschool