Main Menu

Avenger Brochures

Started by Paddy75, July 02, 2013, 02:21:03 AM

JoKer

Got given this by James aka Borgwieser (From OS/Previews owner of my Red GLS) , 2 sided brochure to go with my Gay'Venger, and yes they are 'colour scans'

Side 1

Side 2

grr forum 'max' res setting LOl this might get fun trying to even it out

Paddy75

1970 Chrysler UK leaflet. The time when the (Hunter) Minx got replaced with the Hunter DL and the Avenger GT was launched. The Singer brand is gone as Chrysler tidy up the phone book of names inherited from Rootes.

Seen this on other ads

Scorching performance, certainly if you traded in your Anglia!

The best value light car, yes light but geared like a van!

No more Minx's

Imps

A Holbay engine was hard to beat, Ford at this time couldn't come near them.

Hunter 1500 DL all-iron

The first year of Avengers, the wing badges. Sweet looking GT.

Abroad and thinkin' of avenger

kierbear

interesting to see the avenger badge on the side like that, i nearly put some on like that as i had a few spare badges
Li'l Blu

Paddy75

Right enough Kiera (sorry if I've made a mess of your name) the blue GT looks like your Avenger.
I don't know if the early style wing badges were the same dimension of the rear badges and I'd guess they (the wing) badges fell off or were dinged off in a bump.
What you could do is take the small Avenger badge that was fitted to the grille, I mean the square grille badge, and put one on the wing with the 'A' about lining up with the wheel rim. If someone esp. has an early Avenger grille badge missing its pin this would be about ideal with a bit of sticky plastic for wing jewellery. I'm not going to do this on mine until it gets the last coat of paint and P2000'd.

Somewhere about here, or maybe further back

Same size as the script on the round grille badge. Why were the later grille badges circular, twin downpipes?

And new roof gutter trims - not cheap!

The tail lights pattern on a Xsara look a bit like...

The PSA thing where there are two 5W tail lights per side.
Abroad and thinkin' of avenger