Main Menu

Hunted's avenger discussion

Started by hunted, January 13, 2011, 08:05:50 AM

hunted

not sure, will check one day and let you know haha

hunted

also richard, all going to plan I will have the engine tomoro. although I havent herd from the guy who was going to pick it up for me since last week......so fingers crossed.

otherwise i might have to go for a drive this weekend.......

avenga

Cool. Let me know when you have the bellhousing etc.

Let me know if you want to ship the bellhousing up to me or if you want to bring them up to the Hastings car show if you are coming.

I already have a boot load of parts to take down with me to Hastings for my mates. Always seem to be stockpiling parts for people but it really saves on shipping if you are driving down anyway. I took a valiant 4 speed manual gearbox and radiator with me down to Nelson. Sucks because I would have really liked that gearbox for my Charger but they are worth over $1500.

1975 Hillman Avenger 1300 Super, 1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, 1980 Chrysler Avenger 1.3GL

http://www.carphotos.co.nz
RPM Photography

hunted

unless i get a good amount of car done on the car i probably wont come up for the show. will let you know. will ask around on oldschool as well, as there are always people driving up and down the country haha

avenga

That's a shame, would be cool to have your Avenger there also.

I'm not in a super hurry for the bellhousing. I'm focused on getting the Avenger ready for the drags at the MoPar Nationals on the 6th of March, then I have Hastings the weekend after that so I won't have time to do any work on the gearbox till after that.

1975 Hillman Avenger 1300 Super, 1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, 1980 Chrysler Avenger 1.3GL

RPM Photography

hunted

yeh id love to come, just dont think itl really be worth it unless i get the car tidyied up a bit, new wheels on etc. no one reeeealy wants to see a sky high 1300 avenger haha

avenga

As I said in Hamilton you Avenger looks awesome the way it is plus if you bring it now when it is stock then people will be amazed at the difference when you bring your tricked out super custom Avenger next time.

I just want as many Avengers as we can get there so we can have a really good showing, just think of it as a benchmark so you can look back at photos from the weekend and fondly remember when you car was sky high and stock.

There will be plenty of other shows that you can bring your tricked out, slammed to the ground Avenger but people also need to see the begining of the story, the birth of a legend. people will talk of seeing that car before it's rebirth in to custom goodness and be in awe of it's tranformation.

Okay thats my best shot at a motivational speach so get your Avenger up to Hawkes bay, you are closer than me so it is only a short drive.

RPM Photography

hunted

haha ill see what I can do. would be a good excuse for a drive...if my car survives the 8 hour round trip to stratford this weekend to get that engine haha. dont think they guy got the info in time to pick it up....although im secretly hoping itl be sitting on the driveway when i get home tonight....

avenga

Haha, you seem to be doing a lot of driving in the mighty Avenger. Hamilton last week, Stratford this weekend.

Good to see you are getting as much milage as you can out of that old engine before replacing it.

PM me if you want something for gas to cover picking up the bellhousing.

RPM Photography

hunted

hah! nah i flew to hamilton....drove down from there a month ago though, was actually a bloody nice drive.

UPDATE! engine and box is on its way to wellington, has been picked up and shall be delivered tonight.

should probably tell the people im staying with not to be surprised when it turns up....haha

avenga

Gosh, who's mister fancy pants now flying all over the country ;D Long drives are great. I did a tour from auckland all the way around the south island last october in the Charger, 12 days of driving and over 4,500KM.

Thats awesome with the engine being delivered, Now with all that saved gas and milage you have no excuse not to come to Hastings  :D

RPM Photography

avengertiger

looking good its amazing what a polish can do for old dead paint!!! i think the colour of your car is great really shows off the shape of the avenger well,i think they have a great shape despite what most people say.
so did the wof go ok or is it done yet? so whats the next plans for the car,i,m not a 100% on the spotlights maybe its the covers just unsure of how they look.although spots on an avenger are a useful i had cibie oscars on mine a bit big the difference was unbelievable at night the standard head lights are crap to say the least.have you sorted somewere to live yet and get her into a garage so you can do your jobs?

hunted

it still has a wof for a few more weeks, I just plan on getting a new one before i start doing too much work on it. am waiting to hear back regarding a house, was just getting our references checked out so fingers crossed. it has a double garage with power (which is big news in wellington) so will be a great help.

the spots arent actually wired up, kinda just put them on becasue I could haha, will reasses once it has its new wheels and is lowerd.

so plans are (in no particular order):

swap out engine for 1600 (which I have sitting in the driveway...haha)
new carpet (autodec stuff from trademe)
get tyres for my other wheels (first need to fit them up and see what size il go for)
lower it (and new shocks in the back, fronts are new, but will likely need shortening)
recover dash

am hoping to make it to the car show in hastings on the 13th? of march, wof runs out just before that, so will get wof, then probably just roll to hastings as is, and then get cracking on the jobs when I get back

avenga

Nothing wrong with your photographic skill, your Avenger is looking sharp. Man I am going to had to give my car a polish now after seeing yours, Kiera's and Aaron's Avenger all shined up in recent photos or else I might be put to shame in Hastings with all these mint Avengers around. The 3rd and last photos are my favs, it looks bloody awesome in those pics. I like the spotlights and covers, gives it that retro customised look, like they could have been installed in the 70's or 80's.

I installed some Autodec carpets last year, you can see photos in my gallery thread. They fit pretty good except around the middle of the transmission tunnel by the shift and up by the firewall. Basically they have just made the transmission tunnel mold a tiny bit too big. I cut mine under the centre console on mine but I have the late model centre console which you don't have so you might just need to finesse the shape a bit. It is a little wide which is good just in case so you need to just trim the edges, don't worry about being perfect because the edges are covered by the plastic trim. The only other place I needed to cut was they forgot to cut out the bit for the pedal box and heater. The carpets go right up the firewall behind the dash so you need to trim in it fit around a few things up there.

If you have any questions while installing the carpets then let me know.

I just got my WOF the other day an I am doing the same as you. I am wanting till after the Hastings trip on the 12th-13th then I am going to be doing my gearbox conversion, brakes and suspension.

I have been doing some hard thinking about my cars and I have made a decision on something.

RPM Photography

hunted

yeh im looking foward to the carpets, think it will make a huuuge difference. the rest of the interior is pretty tidy but it just looks shabby because the carpet is a bad DIY job (and its grey haha)

I try to keep my modifications to things that would have/could have been done when the car was new. so yeh the spolights for example, and then keeping period wheels on it is key in my books

and that decision would be.....??