Main Menu

JoKer's '76 HN6783 Discussion

Started by avenga, June 05, 2012, 02:29:07 PM

JoKer

Quote from: avenga on July 11, 2012, 07:05:10 PM
it looks like there is a big box that goes around the heater and stereo

is just a plastic panel, nothing fancy, but yea gauge did intrigue me, moister inside even more

relay huh, only if I have to, I'd rather be procrastinating!

avenga

It is the bit highlighted in red that I am interested in. The Super doesn't have anything there for me to mount my stereo to. So if I can get a hold of one of those boxes that screw to the frame then that would save me a lot of time fabricating something.

Then I can just make a pretty cover to cover the front.

1975 Hillman Avenger 1300 Super, 1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, 1980 Chrysler Avenger 1.3GL

http://www.carphotos.co.nz
RPM Photography

JoKer

ahah nope thats an image of the HN : thus in use, maybe if the blue one has it, will have to have a gander

avenga

Yup, I knew that was HN :P was just easier to show you the bit I need on HN. The blue one should have one under its dashboard. If you just unscrew the little cover with the cigarette lighter on it you should be able to see if it has the same stereo holder box thingy.

1975 Hillman Avenger 1300 Super, 1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, 1980 Chrysler Avenger 1.3GL

http://www.carphotos.co.nz
RPM Photography

JoKer

hah here I was thinking it was a useless image

will see what I can do

oldschool

Wow you're brave thrashing your auto around Manfield, considering how low geared they are!!
Hooned my old one up to 120 km/h and blew a frost plug out the side of the motor...lol

JoKer

best way to learn how to drive it!

lack of control i feel on the road is unbelievable, I can trust it now

oldschool

140 km/h is less than spec, good for 153 km/h...maybe needs electronic ignition??
What was it revving too? Max power is at 5500 rpm.

http://www.automobile-catalog.com/car/1975/1029170/hillman_avenger_alpine_automatic.html

JoKer

its Manfield, max 800m on straights, running out of track more than accel

even me Legacy will only top 180, there before brakes are required to stay on the blacktop

oh and I am SO glad I fixed gear indicator/light so I could see what gear I was in :P helped diagnose the over rev/sticking in "3" causing overheating/rev's

kierbear

ive only got mine to 130 before feeling like i was going to end up in another ditch
Li'l Blu

oldschool

I think those numbers by the cylinder head are casting numbers? Your engine number is 5831902512 which is on the block just above the starter motor.

Thomsler

I have a question, I saw the assembly(editing) of various styles of wheel rims and tires, but a question dash off in the head, for the road holding, in high speed, the car she(it) remains stable??
Because I I bought wheel rims Cesam, but I dared mettres not to kill my silentblocs which are already very dead!!
You make how??
I hold my passion of my dad which possessed 2 Chrysler!!

JoKer

not sure how to answer that : the 17"s and hotwires are the only ones I have driven on (and the slicks)

edit : oh and the Hotwires were an OEM option

Thomsler

OK, because I I have wheel rims in 13 X 5,5 " and a horsemanship of tire in 185/70/13 and sometimes held by road is fuzzy and the car looks for the road, so that the precision is better it is necessary to me to inflate my tires in 2,7 bar of pressure.
I hold my passion of my dad which possessed 2 Chrysler!!

JoKer

yes same here : feels like its floating at times! 205 on rear