Main Menu

1973 Sunbeam 1250 Two Door Restoration Questions

Started by Ingo069, November 07, 2020, 02:34:28 AM

Ingo069

Hello, i am very lucky to have held on to my first car which is a 1973 Mark 1 Sunbeam 1250 2 Door Coupe. The car was partly restored 7 Years ago and due to other obligations it has been spending its days since then in a Dry Barn. Now the time has come to finally complete the project and im a little hung up on 2 small details, maybe the forum can help. First i have failed to find window seals for the rear side windows, maybe someone knows where i can source these, also the seals around the rear lights have spoiled and need replacing. The second thing are the Headlights. I currently have Yugo headlights installed because the car is originally from Serbia..obvously these are not the best and also a tad smaller than the originals. Maybe someone can give me some infos to the original headlight specs or where to source them. Hopefully with some help my old trusted friend can be resurrected from its slumber! :)

JoKer

Welcome to the forums!

Not too many 2 doors here BUT glad to heve you

I'll assume those are square headlights? I've seen toyota ones used semi successfully, or here in NZ Chrysler / Valiant ones are similar / same?

and sorry not sure on the seals

avenga

The valiants use the exact same headlight. They are a standard Lucas part. I?ll see if I can find a part number

For the rubbers, you could try speedy spares in the UK. Or actually South America might be your best bet. I was talking to a guy from Brazil on Instagram saying that you can still by a lot of parts new there, and the 2 door is quite common over there. I could inquire on your behalf if you like.

1975 Hillman Avenger 1300 Super, 1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, 1980 Chrysler Avenger 1.3GL

http://www.carphotos.co.nz
RPM Photography

JoKer

Quote from: avenga on November 07, 2020, 09:48:39 PM
The valiants use the exact same headlight. They are a standard Lucas part. I?ll see if I can find a part number

any luck?