Main Menu

WTD: chrysler parts

Started by 1981 Avenger, April 26, 2016, 05:19:58 PM

1981 Avenger

Hey am after a rear view mirror and two door window winders if any one has some for sale.
like the ones in pic. Thanks

Tauranga, New Zealand but will pay postage

1981 Avenger

Also after a tidy rust free Chrysler Avenger front passenger guard if there any out there.

JoKer

I'll check, ol younggun swapped his before he rolled it & some guards in the paddock, or I have a wag & sedan on my yard dont think I'll ever need Chrysler spares for the race car

1981 Avenger

That sounds good really keen on interior parts if you do have them, also after a interior door handle, (plastic door opener ones) how much you after for them? as for the guard be keen just depends how much it would cost to get it to Tauranga from you.

1981 Avenger

Really need a new gearbox now anyone got one, driving today lost 3rd and 4th gear still got others.

TheMechanicnz

Hi, ive got a 4 speed here at home which i bought to cut off the bell housing, as far as i know the gear cluster is still good, but i have not had it in a vehicle to back that up. Where are you located?
"It's better to enter a corner slow and come out fast than to go into a corner fast and come out dead"

1981 Avenger

Aw yea that sounds good may have part to fix but could be keen on it still incase it don't work out how much you after, am in Tauranga where you located?

TheMechanicnz

Just sitting here so it's yours for $30 plus shipping. I can strip the cluster out of the housing to bring the weight down if you want. I'm located in warkworth, north of Auckland .
"It's better to enter a corner slow and come out fast than to go into a corner fast and come out dead"

avenga

I also have a spare gearbox if needed, it is intact and was working fine before I switched to the 5 speed.

1975 Hillman Avenger 1300 Super, 1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, 1980 Chrysler Avenger 1.3GL

http://www.carphotos.co.nz
RPM Photography

1981 Avenger

Thanks for the help have put a new gearbox in but is making a whining noise sounds like a bearing from sitting for so long or something, not sure what to do hope it goes away after running for lil while and new oil lubes it up, seems to be different ratios aswell as was at 4000rpm at 100k and this new one is only 3200rpm at 100k so is better in a way haha will let you guys know if I do end up needing another one cheers

NZTiger

Sounds like the wrong speedo drive in the back of gearbox...

1500/1600 with 3.89 diff should have a white gear

1300 with 4.11 should be red? also used with 4.375 diff...

very easy to get out, unscrew speed cable, remove 2 x 1/4" bolts (7/16" or 11mm socket) and pull it out.

Eldon B

Hey man do you still need the window winders ?  :D