Main Menu

WTB: Twin valve springs 1500 alpine

Started by TheMechanicnz, February 26, 2016, 06:46:42 PM

TheMechanicnz

Hi guys, does any one know of a source for new twin valve springs for a 73 1500 alpine?. Outer spring broke on number 3 exhaust >:( so i want to replace them all, lucky it has twin springs or it could have been much worse. Cheers
"It's better to enter a corner slow and come out fast than to go into a corner fast and come out dead"

Scarlet

In the three and a half years I have had my Avenger I check out eBay and trade-me several times a week for those sorts of rare Avenger bits, I have never seen any "new" or second hand 1500 twin valve springs for sale
if there ever was a known source for "new" twin valve springs they would have all been bought a long time ago. also be aware that the 1500 twin valve springs are different to the 1600 twin valve springs.
I think people tend to hold on to those sorts of rare parts if they have them
I was once a member of the ASOC and they had guys selling performance bits all the time on that site, but you have to pay to be a member to access the site.

JoKer

jees better start hunting / storing 1600 twin springers then eh?

would have thought they could have an off the shelf equivalent of some sort?

Scarlet

In the three and a half years of hunting I have only seen one full set of 1600 second hand twin valve springs and three pairs of "new" twin valve springs.
I was surprised that nobody but me placed a bid on both these items

oldschool

I found these valve springs in my parts bin...
5 x red and 1 x blue plus 1 x 75221656 double valve spring set.
I think that's a 1600 set as the 1500 part number is 75221435

JoKer

care to elaborvte on the red/ blue? inner & outer?

TheMechanicnz

What's the difference between 1500 & 1600 twin springs? Is it just the tension? I'm currently running a 1600 head so they'll probably be ok.
"It's better to enter a corner slow and come out fast than to go into a corner fast and come out dead"

Scarlet

Colours are for the assembly workers as a quick and easy way to determine whats what.
My 1600 twin springs are blue, both inner and outer.
1500 twin spring free length,
Outer 38.35mm
Inner 30.48mm
fitted length,
Outer 34.03mm
Inner 25.52mm
1600 twin spring free length.
Outer 40.44mm
Inner 32.00mm
fitted length,
Outer 34.0mm
Inner 29.31mm
The Outer spring diameters are also different, the 1500 Outer is smaller and will not fit in the 1600 spring retainer, both inners are the same diameter, note the difference in the inner fitted length, the step on the 1600 retainer is larger.

JoKer

Pete just told me he was using Yamaha FZR 1000 Springs in his (not sure if referring to the Esky or the Hillman, will clarify)

and there's a alpine in the fs section I'm thinking of picking up for parts....

TheMechanicnz

Sounds interesting, cheers for the info.

avengerparts

Hi there. I can supply new valve springs [doubles] for TC 1500 Avenger. Either single pairs or 8 set. Graeme, of Rootes Parts & Information, P.Nth 06 3536118