Main Menu

any ASOC.co.uk members here?

Started by JoKer, May 28, 2015, 10:07:56 AM

JoKer

Steve is trying hard to get me to sign up for the Newsletter

QuoteThe website is asoc.co.uk the yearly subscription is ?26 and for that you get access to the ASOC Forum and 4 48 page full colour magazine posted out to you. Haha 3 that seems to be the going rate nowadays! To join all you need to do is complete the online form and PayPal ?26 to asocsubs@live.com I'm the Editor of the magazine and Vice Chairman by the way! http://asoc.co.uk/index.php/online-form
ASOC Online Form
Avenger Sunbeam Owners Club Online Form
asoc.co.uk

works out to about 55$ NZ

tbh if i had that spare I'd put it towards the a Brake pack  & service /rust wof list on the red car

JoKer

QuoteWe've started a deal with a company over here that does new remanufactured panels pretty much everything. 10% discount for members and he's looking at export for members too to keep prices down.

NOS panels anyone?

Growler

Yes I'm a member. The magazine has some interesting things, but the forum has more information.
I've been looking for information on the BRM head (Or blueprint drawings which apprently one of the members have), but they are precious about giving information out...thats if they even respond to your messages!

Scarlet

I paid a years subscription, I agree with growler comment, "but they are precious about giving information out...thats if they even respond to your messages!"
For the racers there is a lot of good information as many of the members are into racing there cars but apart from that this forum is just as good and in many ways better

Paddy75

I'm a member of ASOC too. Generally most members are a bit quiet but if you message the editors you can get information you need. I've tipped off many's an Avenger or Sunbeam rare part that I've found in the bowels of Ebay and while the part sells there is no word!
Its a very formal club so thats just its nature I guess.
Abroad and thinkin' of avenger

avengertiger

hi jared

i have been a member now for over 15 years on and off the forum is great for info and although the for sale section is mainly uk and postage prohibits most purchases nearly everything you can imagine comes up for sale with a lot off rare competition parts.
overall the forum is a friendly place and very helpful I'm not from the uk but have become friendly with a few members over the years its like all clubs with members some know others more than most.

growler the club have 10 new brm heads under development and have kept it under wraps until all the details are finalised.I have it under good authority that they will be offered for sale.

the asoc magazine is a very good read also with cars from all over the world featured it was voted best club magazine to by a classic car mag in the uk.
if your into avengers this and asoc are both great places to be.

Growler

Quote from: avengertiger on June 05, 2015, 11:06:33 PM
growler the club have 10 new brm heads under development and have kept it under wraps until all the details are finalised.I have it under good authority that they will be offered for sale.

I did hear something about someone making a copy of the head. I understand they are going to be using Cosworth cams which they should have done right from the start. (Des O'dell wanted to but was told he wasn't allowed to).
I sent several emails off to the guy doing them but got nothing...no reply at all!
We think the reason they didn't get good horsepower out of the BRM head was because of the Siamesed ports. I wanted the blueprints so I could cast and machine my own head.
We can get more hp out of them here in NZ than England due to the differing atmospheres

JoKer

3d print some new casting & mould them from that?

tech seems too easy these days aye, except replying to emails hah

Growler

Quote from: JoKer on August 24, 2015, 06:43:19 PM
3d print some new casting & mould them from that?

tech seems too easy these days aye, except replying to emails hah
With CNC gear these days, you could machine one out of an aluminium billet.

avengertiger

yes the new heads are adapted bda heads to fit avenger blocks so would presume ford cams will be used.
possibly if it was mal stuart you were trying to email he was unwell for a time and didn't get the numbers he needed at the time to run with the project so decided not to go ahead with it.

JoKer

old white 73

I'm a member, 1 of the guys over there has dropped me a line to say he's got a 2y stroker under way too for hillclimbs/sprints etc

davenger

How is the forum being run these days?
I got fed up with being moaned at for having an opinion

JoKer

I've just rejoined for the 50th Year of Avenger things

they have sent over their Banner for the Auck meet & have a couple of indoor Displays organised in the UK for March