Main Menu

eoi: avenger race engine

Started by hunted, March 02, 2011, 03:54:24 PM

hunted

am going to be buying a worked 1600 race engine, mainly for some goodies, but chances are I wont keep the actual engine itself.

" NOTE - engine has run big end bearings and need a crank grind. verbally quoted at $130 for crankgrind.

Head:

2L cortina valves
double valve springs
been planed to up compression not sure exactly what it is
ported inlet and exhaust valves
runs hot plugs
electronic ignition

Carbs:

twin strombergs
balanced
modified butterflys (they are thinner than factory)
the diaphrams are a bit tired but ok
has the proper fiberglass box for filter
2x spare sets of twin carbs

Custom made extractors designed specifically for this engine. needs a few repairs as they have a few small cracks

Bottom end:

1600cc
Oversized pistons
balanced pistons, rods, flywheel, crank, front pully
race cam
lightened flywheel

The engine had a full rebuild only a few hours before the big ends let go. The reason this happened was a result of me running steel engine mounts and the oil pump vibrated off the bottom of the block. The head was newly built at the same time."

will probably be keeping the carbs, exhaust, electronic ignition, and maybe some other bits.

so yeh, will be picking it up this weekend and deciding what I actually want from it (most likely just bolt on goodies) and will likely sell the rest, so let me know if you are interested

JoKer

hunted

haha was waiting for you to pop up, have been flat out this weekend so havnt had tim to pick it up. will let you know when I do

hunted

right went and had a look at this and had a good chat to the guy.

It basicaly just needs a crank grind (he has two cranks, the one that was in it and a factory one), and new big end bearings and he said you could have it back together and running in a day. the crank is out but the rest of the engine is still assembled.

Have decided to just stick to my standard 1600 and just get it running real nice than to get this motor. Its tuned to run of avgas and is grumpy as fuck till about 2500-3000rpm and then it pulls to around 10,000.....so in all seriousness, i dont really feel it would be that great in a street car haha

but if anyone else is keen/joker, I am happy to pass on contact details. the dude is a real nice guy and seems to know his shit.

JoKer

stick with what i got at the moment too :P

but still watching

crank or cam grind? cos I got that Kelford cam offa TM

hunted

crank. big end bearings went caput and took a bit of crank with it etc

JoKer

ahh after this weekend i may be more interested...

overheated today up Whariti, fuel line caught fire next to exhaust, = small fire :P

all hoses replaced & ready to race tomorrow btu unsure fr how long the 1600 will hold up

JoKer

hunted

sweet f all lol. he said 200 with all the bits and bobs he has (few spare carbs and shit, radiator, and some other stuff)

JoKer

JoKer

hunted

hes in wellington/upper hut. sell me exhuast auw and some carbs. ill tell him your keen and ill get an exact price and what it comes with etc if you want?

JoKer

will take what I can gather at this stage :P for as little as he will take (age old conundrum)

my motor is pretty poked & over heats like a mofo and catches fire/ wont start when hot - all bad things for a rally car hahaha

hunted

haha sweet, will let you know

JoKer

keen to get a new motor in by this time next month (trackday)

so just a wee hurry up if possible :P

and durr just seen your wtb thread on OS - these are strombergs I have currently which have your name on them