Main Menu

Wanted: NOS/decent Distrubutor Cap.

Started by blekkja, June 25, 2014, 09:38:19 PM

blekkja

I know there are fuck loads of different options here and I will need to narrow it down somewhat, but regardless. It is too dark, cold and wet to go out to the garage and look. Mine is way past the point of reasonable wear and I suspect it is the culprit behind my current lack of mobility. What are my options here? Talk to Graham?
Chill Datto, bro!

blekkja

Of course the numbers on the actual housing have to be facing the block, making them really difficult to read.

What is slightly easier is the rotor:
Lucas 54422303.
Chill Datto, bro!

JoKer

electric ignition? Ross also has  few options i believe

blekkja

I just got new points though! Which I figure is why it has chosen to give out finally. Though I don't think I've ever changed the coil either. Or the HT leads for that matter. Oh god, I'm slack.

Run me through the advantages/difficulties of elec ignition? This essentially replaces my whole dizzy and coil with a new system which I need to wire in right?
Chill Datto, bro!

JoKer

yup pretty much, never needs adjusting, is a popular mod

I believe my set-up is "Hall effect" and I dont really know too much about it, it came with my motor so I just bolted it on

oldschool

I sell the hall effect electronic ignition kit that replaces the coil and condensor for $100.
I also have complete new electronic dizzys for $220 in case your one is worn out?
It's important to have the car running right before fitting the kit/dizzy as the problem could be the coil, rotor/cap, HT leads, faulty wiring, carby, fuel pump, etc. etc.
I also sell rotors/caps, coils and HT leads for Avengers.

blekkja

Yeah, I'm pretty keen to just stick with the normal dizzy. I understand the benefits of the EI but the reason I brought an old car is cos I like all the old car stuff. I'd prob be keen just to chuck a new coil, leads and cap on it cos it is definitely overdue: surprised they haven't given up before now. This is the second set of points I've had put in it!

I've just replaced pretty much the whole of the fuel system and had the carbs rebuilt so it has got to be the spark now. In any case it isn't going to harm replacing it, and my new job has fucking amazing showers on site so I'm happy as to continue to bike into town through the winter. :)
Chill Datto, bro!