Main Menu

1981 Chrysler Avenger 1300

Started by 1981 Avenger, June 07, 2014, 03:59:50 PM

1981 Avenger

Hi all Im Damian from Tauranga, New Zealand this is my 1981 Chrysler Avenger, I have owned it for nearly 2 years now. When I first got it, it had no warrant or rego so spent a month or two getting it road legal.
This is my daily driven car so any problems have been fixed,
So far have had the, head reconditioned, headlights re chromed, new old stock tail light lenses, better dash (less cracks), It is now sitting on widened rostyle rims front 13x7,back 13x8 powercoated gloss white.

1981 Avenger

Have fixed the rust in passenger floor

1981 Avenger

Here is the new (old) 1972 Hillman Avenger, it is original and will keep it that way just tidy it up, picked it up from Auckland last weekend.

1981 Avenger

Got my radiator back today looks brand new, also put a new thermostat in and thermostat housing. May also need a new water pump as it didn't seem to circulate had idling for a while but will have a better look tomorrow after I take it for a drive.

1981 Avenger

well the blue 72 got a new warrant and rego today 1 year rego $111 :)
could also be for sale if you know anyone keen

1981 Avenger

Just got all new door and boot rubbers from para rubber today for the chrysler, now just need some decent weather to get them in hopefully they will stop the leaks so I can get some carpet in there.

oldschool

It would pay to do a 'hose test' before installing the new carpets as many Avenger water leaks are through the windscreen rubbers. Sit in the car while a friend sprays the garden hose over the car and look for any water coming in through the front and rear screens (usually the corners) and the doors.

1981 Avenger

Yea will do that thanks oldschool will only get carpet if I can stop it leaking

1981 Avenger

Have got all my rubbers in and everything was fine, then this happened today.
Guy did a u turn in front of me and didn't look was a wet road so wheels locked up and slid into his drivers door, he said his insurance company will get in touch as it was his fault. Wish I had gone to work now :(

lookas

aaaa bad luck, I'm sorry for the accident :(

1981 Avenger

Have just dropped a 1600 in the avenger last weekend so much better than the 1300. now thinking about doing the 5 speed conversion some time soon.

streetracer75

How did you get those 8x13 to fit on the back. Did you modify the arches to make them fit?

1981 Avenger

Have only had to fold the lip on the guards nothing major and am only running 185 wide tyres