Main Menu

Window Seals/Windscreen seal WTB ASAP for '76 Avenger

Started by javsavenger, April 11, 2014, 02:33:46 PM

JoKer

mine broke doing 100kph~ back in 97, stopping was fun, then a short 5 min drive to town hearing it creak was exciting! think they did insurance I think : never heard any issues then

but yea still keen on rubbers

kierbear

yea i'd email basis cause those links that i put up a while ago to the actual products dont work anymore or something? maybe they dont stock them anymore? unsure
Li'l Blu

avenga

Good spotting Kiera. There is an stone chip on the top right of the screen.

I am not sure how it happened because I was going around a corner with no oncoming cars and the car in front was probably a good 200-300m ahead of me.

I did just go through some roadworks with loose gravel about 10km beforehand so I think I might have picked up a stone chip then and the body flex around the corner might have finished it off.

1975 Hillman Avenger 1300 Super, 1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, 1980 Chrysler Avenger 1.3GL

http://www.carphotos.co.nz
RPM Photography

javsavenger

sweet cheers, yeh have emailed basisnz  so will post up quotes etc once they get back.

Paddy75

I put a set of chrome inserts into the screens recently, I bought them a couple of years ago so I can't remember who I won the bid from.
Anyhow the blurb on the packaging is:
CI006M Chrome Insert Hillman Avenger flat back app 70235.
For the MK1 screen rubber with the wide insert, the MK2 is different.

Made by a company called Rejel. HTH.

Abroad and thinkin' of avenger

kierbear

Says he doesn't ship to nz but I just bought something ofd this seller a week ago. I paid ?11 shipping for my item
Li'l Blu