Main Menu

FS: sunbeam handbrake cable

Started by kierbear, February 10, 2014, 04:21:36 PM

Paddy75

That happens sometimes and its not a conn, just the seller has made an assumption.

However sometimes when a seller doesn't know what a part is for and because its in a Talbot or Chrysler Parts bag you win. Like the unused steering UJ I got for ?5 or the very hard to get front door lower hinge 'Talbot hinge' which looked like the one for an Avenger and is the very one. I must fit that tomorrow as I'm sick of the drivers door rattling over every bump - of which there are many.
'TCA Minx? Hunter?' Thanks! Even better, 'Avenger TCA will suit left or right hand side' Box arrived and two TCA's in the box making that ?12 per TCA!
'Chrysler demister switch' Yup! (because the lucas box had the Chrysler Parts sticker, I tipped off ASOC about that - it sold.)
Then the nicest wee bargain of them all, 'Lucas indicator switch unknown application has crank in the stalk.' Picture showing also the round pin connector as per MK1 Avenger ?10. (An Irish crank has spied it and is smiling while clicking 'buy it now' I've seen those MK1 stalks bid up to ?40-50.)

Sometimes buy it now rather than a low bid is good. A guy in Scotland had five MK1 non-servo brake master cylinders, first one sold for ?20 (me) the last one foe a lot more than that.

If there is some needful part any of you guys want/covet my Sister in Auckland will be back here for Christmas, just let me know and I'll bid and you'll get it when she returns.

'Smiths gauge BMC?Ford????' hahahahaha, its nice to win sometimes! Then sometimes you don't.
I got a strip speedo head brand new for ?1, 'Smiths speedo head in kph Simca???' because the head shows km on the head itself in small numbers, its the mask over the head that shows the main scale. The seller turned out to be an ASOC member! I offered to withdraw the sale if he wanted but he sent me the head. I guess he was Sunbeam rather than Avenger I suppose.

To quote Cary Grant in North by Northwest, ''..in the world of advertising there is no such thing as a lie, just the expedient exaggeration of the truth..''

A current example:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chrysler-U-K-Side-Body-Trim-Strips-72282550-72287665-/171307487322?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27e2b8d05a

They look like the sill strips the MK1 GL/GT/GLS's had, if they are and at ?6 that's not bad for someone.

Or here we have a conversion manifold to curse your engine with weber downdraughts, 'Sunbeam Talbot' he says, a fine example of the confusion of names. Rootes/Chrysler/Talbot/Sunbeam/Avenger/Dodge/Hillman/Chrysler UK/Rootes Chrysler/Hillman Talbot/Peugeot Hillman/ its a maze of names which is very annoying but sometimes it gets you the jackpot.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sunbeam-Talbot-weber-manifold-for-twin-choke-/171318250817?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27e35d0d41

Maybe someday, ''..classic dashboard..unknown..black no cracks.. looks like its for a Ford..'' With the Avenger badge long since fallen off!
Abroad and thinkin' of avenger

avengerparts

Hi Kiera. That h/brake cable could be off the Sunbeam/Talbot series model that didnt come to NZ as a Todd build. Only a few private imports [rallying etc] Was rear wheel drive off Avenger chassis but a bit shorter wheel-base. Came in 928cc, 1300,1600 and in 1980 a Lotus 2.1 engine. Looked like a smaller version of the Chrysler Alpine,[later Talbot SX] front wheel drive we built in NZ from 76-81. A chap i know in Wgtn. has a Lotus Sunbeam so if you text me ill reply with his contact. He might like that cable ? Cheers Graeme. P.Nth