Main Menu

FS: sunbeam handbrake cable

Started by kierbear, February 10, 2014, 04:21:36 PM

kierbear

I have a new-old stock handbrake cable for a sunbeam talbot avenger. I bought it as i was told that i could use it in my hillman, but i cant. it is a completely different set up. It's just been sitting in my boot for about a year. Anyone know of anyone that has one that would like to buy it? i am aware that there arent many in NZ
Li'l Blu

avengertiger

kierbear

Li'l Blu

avengertiger

Talbot

Hi I am interested if it is for a Talbot Sunbeam .
Sunbeam Talbots were last made in 1954
Cheers  Talbot (1980)

Paddy75

The handbrake mechanism was different on the Sunbeam (I mean the Avenger based Sunbeam not the Sunbeam Talbot) as the handbrake cable went through a cast hole in the diff head rather than the cable routed around to a bracket welded to the axle tube as on the Avenger.

Maybe the later Avengers had the Talbot Sunbeam set up though? Or some one has a Sunbeam axle in their Avenger without knowing it?

Could be worth the while taking a look folks so the rogue handbrake cable finds a good home.
Abroad and thinkin' of avenger

kierbear

Li'l Blu

kierbear

Li'l Blu

kierbear

Li'l Blu

kierbear

Be great if anyone else can shed some light on what this could be for.
Li'l Blu

Paddy75

Hard to say what that cable is for, maybe its for a 1950's Sunbeam Talbot going by the long wire bit between the two flexis.
Its not for a Hunter or Avenger that's for sure and what I said about the Talbot Sunbeam cable going through the diff head could be wrong, it was the rear brake flexi that was different on a 'beam.

Whats obvious is that the cable wire goes inside the cars body at the cars rear chassis section rather than at the top of the transmission tunnel - so likely 1950's era.

1960's Sunbeam Alpine possibly? So many different cars were called Sunbeams. The cable maybe could be described as for an Audax Sunbeam, which was different from the Sunbeam Talbot and definitely not a Hunter based Sunbeam as in a H120 or an Avenger based Sunbeam as in Talbot Sunbeam.
Abroad and thinkin' of avenger

kierbear

Ive sent it away to talbot so im glad to be rid of it haha
Li'l Blu

Talbot

Yep the jokes on me but would appreciate the original package so I can properly identify quote from seller " forgot to mention its new old stock, came in the blue chrysler parts bag and everything "
Anyone got an American Chrysler out there  I have a deal for you !!!

kierbear

No sorry I threw it out a long time ago. So what is your guess for what its for? Ill go thru all my trademe history later and see if I can find the details
Li'l Blu

kierbear

This is the auction listing. I dont think the seller actually knew what they were selling
Li'l Blu