Main Menu

2 door avenger race car for sale.

Started by mikevin, February 09, 2014, 01:54:13 PM

mikevin

Ex Mike Istead race car. Imported new in 70s as tiger spec car and converted to racing duties by him. Was originally registered as 2 door GT as the Recarro seats were unavailable at time of purchase so was unable to be registered as tiger. I bought the car 4 years ago as an abandoned resto project and is in very poor shape bodywise with a lot of rust. It has basically all the good gear with it including his 1700 cc motor (170hp) in pieces,45mm dellortos,oil cooler,close ratio 4 spd(stripped for refresh with spare standard donor box), quick rack, koni red dampers,race mod xmember for neg camber/bumpsteer, bigger brakes (slightly),4.4 steel lsd, 13x7 2 piece honeycomb wheels,race wheel and alpine dash wth 10000rpm tacho fitted 2 of, etcetc heaps of spares clutches new engine parts pistons bearings modified heads etc. Interior is complte from memory including glass old race seat.i would prefer this piece of history to go to someone who has the time to restore it as i do not. It is a major and I dont have any paperwork to re register although there is an original plate with the car and Mike may be contactable for verification of facts or he may have dug out papers by now.....I wnt what it cost me to buy and have not ripped it off in any way $3000   0274888265.

avenga

Hi Mike. Welcome to the forum.

Do you want me to post those photos you sent me of the of the 2 door?

1975 Hillman Avenger 1300 Super, 1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, 1980 Chrysler Avenger 1.3GL

http://www.carphotos.co.nz
RPM Photography

mikevin

avenga

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay in photos.

Here they are.

1975 Hillman Avenger 1300 Super, 1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, 1980 Chrysler Avenger 1.3GL

http://www.carphotos.co.nz
RPM Photography

blekkja

Wow: that thing needs a lot of love. It is a real shame it was left to get that bad: surely the fact that it had to be imported especially and that there were so few other two doors should have allowed it more of a reprieve. Still fucking sexy though.
Chill Datto, bro!

rallynut

Is the car still for sale or has it gone?

Regards.

Rallynut

JoKer

pretty sure is in a million bits now sorry, there is a link in the "random pics" thread to its fate