Started by JoKer, January 31, 2014, 11:59:30 AM

JoKer

Members gallery can be viewed here

discuss here please :P

Mean seats!

is that blackboard paint by any chance? looks like Yowsers old wagon

avenga

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Nice to see another Avenger Wagon being restored?

What part of the country are you from?

I have a set of rear doors and a mint back seat for a Wagon if you are looking for one.

1975 Hillman Avenger 1300 Super, 1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, 1980 Chrysler Avenger 1.3GL

http://www.carphotos.co.nz
RPM Photography

JoKer

azza1600

Pretty sure that's my old wagon, did it come from Napier by any chance? I sold it without engine and bonnet, I still have the bonnet lol

oldschool

Quote from: JoKer on January 31, 2014, 04:01:33 PM
are the doors different on a van?

The wagon rear doors are shorter than a sedan's and can't be interchanged. Reason being the rear seat is moved forward to get decent load space because the wagon has the same wheelbase as the sedan. This was common practice on oldschool RWD wagon's...I think Cortina's were designed the same.

avenga

Quote from: JoKer on January 31, 2014, 04:01:33 PM
are the doors differnt on a van?

Quote from: oldschool on January 31, 2014, 11:17:06 PM
The wagon rear doors are shorter than a sedan's and can't be interchanged.

I just measured both my sedan doors and my wagon doors and they are both just shy of 34 inches (measured at door handle height)

I thought it was just the window frame itself that was different on the wagon, they are sort of more square at the back. The sedan door starts to slope down where the rear quarter window is and the wagon keeps going straight a few inches past the quarter window then has a steeper angle.

1975 Hillman Avenger 1300 Super, 1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, 1980 Chrysler Avenger 1.3GL

http://www.carphotos.co.nz
RPM Photography

kierbear

i feel ya on the tryng to do things on a tight budget. mine is a broke-student-budget. I think the seats look awesome, especially because you have got a wagon so something different already.
Li'l Blu