Main Menu

chrysler 180 brake caliper

Started by klou, February 03, 2013, 09:29:14 AM

klou

hey!

im in need of new brake caliper to passenger side and maby rear calipers too. my chrysler is 1976 model.

oldschool

klou

well, they didnt have any brake calibers for this, only seal kits... any other places where i would find those?
rear brakes are fixed now but front calibers are the problem. right side cant be fixed and left side doesnt have piston. is there any newer car that has calibers or whole brakes that would fit even with small modification?

avenga

I don't know what the Chrysler 180's have but on my Avenger I use Volvo calipers. I have also heard Austin princess brakes work on an Avenger.

Maybe the same could work on a 180.

1975 Hillman Avenger 1300 Super, 1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, 1980 Chrysler Avenger 1.3GL

http://www.carphotos.co.nz
RPM Photography

NZTiger

Richard, Chrysler 180 brakes are for a rear disc conversion, this car was Avengers big brother and there were many design similarities having come from the same design office. The rear axle was a wider version of the Avenger axle with the same style of suspension, but they were disc braked and were good to fit the Avenger and very popular in the UK....only a couple of these cars came to NZ for evaluation by Todds
I did see one in a wreaking yard in Porirua many years ago, I had a look at the rear axle but the brakes were very rusted and not saveable.