Main Menu

JoKer's '76 HN6783 Daily

Started by JoKer, June 05, 2012, 01:59:11 PM

JoKer

Now sporting this Starter from my '72

yes thats got a 'remote' starter switch on it, like a Mini

only dumb thing is once it fires it disengages, so cold starting is a bit of a mish, ie might fire on 1 or 2 cylinders but not hold and die, starter disengages, so you literally have t re-try a couple of goes
needed gas and some kick-down fine tuning but is all go

to do list now includes

service good 20/50 oil
Axel pack (rear brakes leaking
and a cube of stop leak , saw at least one pinhole inradiator once it got warm

oldschool

Jared DO NOT use that inertia starter in your auto...it's the wrong type and will munt your ring gear...and it's own gear too!!
Your ring gear is designed for a pre-engaged starter (with the solenoid built in) that pushes the gear into mesh from the front and the ring gear has a front chamfer to lead the gear into mesh.
An inertia starter spins the gear into mesh from the rear, so needs a rear chamfer to lead the gear into mesh, in other words the ring gear is fitted the other way around.
I think James in Waipukurau would have a pre-engaged starter or plenty at Smash Palace. Hillman and Chrysler Avenger pre-engaged starters are the same.

JoKer

chur : exact info I needed, the OEM starter should be back next week so no stress, it got me home and as I mentioned is a PITA to actually start the car

azza1600

so weres kierbears old one? as it was my spare! as my carb and electronic ign on her car, chicks!!!!

JoKer

haha was having alternator issues i believe : and lights issues

JoKer

Received my OEM starter back so in it goes!

How it looked with the (wrong) other starter in (from the brown '72 I have)

out

wanna see my ring?/gear

so all good now
some other points of concern

so yea a wof may be a wee way off on this

JoKer

So I'm hunting one of these bolt/screw heads

lost one and kinda be nice to use the airbox once I get a round to WOF'ing this

JoKer

last update over a year yeah!

I dont always take a picture when I get this out of the shed

I lie, dusted her off, & moved to a workshop for the rust/panel & paint & minor things HOPE to have legal and road going this month, If anyone has a deal on windscreen rubber (Front) I'm going to my local glass guy this week otherwise

TheMechanicnz

Did you ever find another Nut for the air box?  I've machined up a couple of new ones out of Stainless Steel if you need a spare. I'm assuming they all have the same thread pitch?
can do them knurled, slotted or both.
"It's better to enter a corner slow and come out fast than to go into a corner fast and come out dead"

JoKer

yea man thanks for offer nice man who's name alludes me on here posted me a couple :P

JoKer

I'm told the majority of the electrical foibles are remidied, all lights work, screen out next week hopefully

picked up some spare parts this weekend

am told there's more doors & windscreen/blocks/gearboxes in another shed, will gather as much as I can, if anyone spots anything in particular they need sing out

hoping to have WOF on HN before month is out

JoKer

Upgradede time

unless anyone sees any issues? apparently the only option available is the new one on the right
, old light is on the left

Part #1055

& yes will be doing a pair not just the one, $80 each tho

I also need an inhibitor switch for a BW45 or compatible gearbag if anyone has any hookups? Think I lost mine in the swap

JoKer

Rust, brakes, Hinges Lights all getting attention

Windscreen rubber & Vinyl re-glued too

JoKer

In case anyone cares / reads these things here's the bill for the Front windscreen rubber

will be the same if you're an Esky fan, looks swish now I seen a bill for a windscreen too, not much change from $3k from the last member here who had one replaced via insurance

JoKer

PROGRESS

Quote from: Madmax 2015=
all things chrome & shiney[/quote

paint fell on it & we spent today ticking things off the list

plus 40 this year cheep rego, i'm told about $26 per year, choooice

propper reveal to come :D