Main Menu

JoKer's '76 HN6783 Daily

Started by JoKer, June 05, 2012, 01:59:11 PM

avenga

Man, that is way too cold. And I thought it was cold up here in Auckland.

1975 Hillman Avenger 1300 Super, 1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, 1980 Chrysler Avenger 1.3GL

http://www.carphotos.co.nz
RPM Photography

JoKer

trying out that Staggered look

fair bit of rub tempeted to try & fit my 165 whites walls to them & try again

also Had the best Friday ever and this was part of it

couple of spare gears :P courtest of avengertiger on here from Nelson and a GC Bruce for delivering them!

JoKer

Yeah I drive it Daily

Couple of Pics I took today

Yeah I messed the numbers up didn't see them till I got home : must go back & get the '76

Until I get some trim this IS it's good side

Gorge'eous ?

JoKer

Yeah I drive it Daily

Couple of Pics I took today

Yeah I messed the numbers up didn't see them till I got home : must go back & get the '76

Until I get some trim this IS it's good side

Gorge'eous ?

JoKer

test fitted some 165's on the 13x7"s & basically given up for now

without cutting or flaring stuff Which I'm not keen on just yet

Found Some trim off a Marina down at Boytes (RIP Wilf)

not quite right but not easy to spot the difference for now I'm happy

keeping eye on the remain Avengers down the road as well
X6Z6Sci.jpg
this one has this Datsun on top of it still
UnVPesZ.jpg
Purlpe GLS under the Washing line is now accessible in front of this AP6 or AP4 Valiant, the last 70's Avenger I want to buy (the Diff I got in the early 2000's off it) & has been in My Rally car ever since
EtHnO1Kg.jpg
this Chysler Avenger
8Uy5GvPg.jpg
and one up the top by the Fence is safe for now
aVdI5MX.jpg
I have no interest in them but just keeping tabs :P there were two others I note have gone, Blue one I tee'd up for a guy in Hamilton when Wilf was still around & a Brown one close the drive has gone since
slightly better shot of it, impact damage is to the front of it
iWShjdlg.jpg

TheMechanicnz

What offset rims are they? I have 205/60/r13 on mine with no issues, no guard rolling and can still get my hand between the guard and wheel.
"It's better to enter a corner slow and come out fast than to go into a corner fast and come out dead"

JoKer

their offset is officially dumb

yea the 17's I had had something similar

205's on back

215's on the front even

actually, I have a Chrysler diff in it now since then, wider track maybe? might measure things tomorrow in the light

TheMechanicnz

Probably varied heaps at the factory haha, wouldnt have worried about 10mm here or there on a diff.
"It's better to enter a corner slow and come out fast than to go into a corner fast and come out dead"

avenga

Man, you can barely see those Avengers anymore, BTW, quick question, do you thing any of them would have a spare speedo cable and drive gear, I'm looking for on for another Avenger.

1975 Hillman Avenger 1300 Super, 1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, 1980 Chrysler Avenger 1.3GL

http://www.carphotos.co.nz
RPM Photography

JoKer

the damp down there will have killed most usefull parts, bit like my back yard too

info on speedo drive? I can have a look on a few spares i have

JoKer

Brake booster swap date

had mad brake fade style feel so new Booster hose was 1st try (old was bit squishy)

but no

so out with the old & in wit hthe less older unit from the 78 that was my 1st Avenger that I rolled & scrapped 2007'ish

Dropped it after it was out & a bunch of fluid came out, so yeah not sure how long that had been in there

All better now

JoKer

Car wouldn't start last week & had a bit of a Miss this morning so got the motivation to fit electronic ignition kit I had

Fuzzy picture

not much to see

Coil, Optical Dizzy, control box & Ballast went in, out came old Points DIzzy (with unobtainable points apparently, had not vac advance neither) coil and a poorly mounted condenser or Capacitor that probably wasn't helping neither

JoKer

Spent 2 hours cleaning 5 Cars at my Place Yesterday

gees I really like this car, cant stop looking at it! And the 'new' trim strip really helps heaps!

JoKer

Up'graded' my Volts & coolant temp gauges from my Blue Parts car

full run down here https://oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/28526-jokers-hillman-avengers/&do=findComment&comment=1930336

copy / paste is below if you do not wish to click link

So a guy from Taupo gets in touch, He's restoring his Mk 1 Avenger (Have learnt in the UK they refer to them as Mk1's & Mk2's for the Classic shape & Chrysler / Later shape)
Has misplaced some very important Plastic pieces for the accelerator peddle & would I mind checking my 'stock'
So I Send him images of these two (Brown 72 1500 & Blue 76 GLS Apline)

and this location of the stuff he might need

[size=78%]and my Accelerator pedal for comparison[/size]

Man says YEP the green bits & oh my yours have already been lost, I had seen the "U shackles" before & thought thye were not right and they allow a fair bit of slop but are working for now so I can spare at least one set of Bushes / set of 5 plastic pieces he needed
then he sent me an image of his car

Oh LOL TWINS! Auto even
SO I get to stripping, the easiest one, instructions were remove the seat & steering wheel to get better access

Jobs already half done on this one
Figure while I'm at it might as well strip a few other goodies out of it

Headlight switches, What does the internal turner do? (serious never had one or played with a working one)

Lol Shear bolts on Ign 'not sheared'

Dash not bad, lol no rev counter in Manual? not even a Clock!

Light fitting in the glove box! What is this madness! (checked My GLS & it only has a 'hole') Now I'm curious as to where the switch might be or was

So dash out & rescue these parts, so at least I know how to get them out of the brown car should my U shackles fail

Might be worth 3d Printing some one day though not expensive from UK from the sounds of it
Back of the Dash

31? or 13
[/size]

[/size][size=78%]got looking at the Dash & LOL 4 digit Odometer? WTF[/size]
(turn screen)[/size][size=78%]
So I have a thought as my Coolant temp gauge is iffy & my Volt meter had lost its lettering why not rob / swap some parts over

was Simple enought, 1st test drive I had forgotten to plug speedo back in LOL
even from the same year its crazy to note the differences on the back
Mine is the Left Blue car / donor is the right

so yeah, Coolant temp works better now & My Volt Gauge says" Volts" and I figured out why the Handbrake warning light doesn't work : there is not circuit in the loom for it! may get around to that one day[/size]

TheMechanicnz

Dial in the end of the headlight switch is for dimming the dashlights, as for the glovebox i have a light but no switches?