Main Menu

JoKer's '76 HN6783 Daily

Started by JoKer, June 05, 2012, 01:59:11 PM

avenga

1975 Hillman Avenger 1300 Super, 1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, 1980 Chrysler Avenger 1.3GL

http://www.carphotos.co.nz
RPM Photography

JoKer

$52 for 12 months rego!

also swapped out the rear shocks as the ones in the car were not keeping the springs captive

which was weird because the top one (longer) have been in the car since I bought it & only seemed to be an issue after I swapped in the Chrysler diff, so nabbed the shocks from it as well, seems a great improvement straight away

JoKer

Fresh WOF in time for Oldschool.co.nz Nationals next weekend

had the rear window seal 'cleaned up' and seems to be working great no leaks

front tires were out of round & did a job on the Steering 'box' so new set of tires (I haver a surprise to show you all but not just yet) a universal & Handbrake adjustment was required but we're all set for winter driving now!

JoKer

OS Nats here we come! The weekend Starts NOW
Wof
New Tires
Wheel alignment & rides like a dream now!

JoKer

OS Nat's 17 Completed

Kicked off Thursday night

another 400 Miles on the old girl mostly jaunting around the Waiarapa, gave the Gymkhana a miss at Masterton Motorplex but did manage an observation run down the strip

Came 4th in Rocker cover racing

Met up with Miles for that bit of trim

as usual had a blast with OS GC's

JoKer

Went round the 'block' to Taupo on the weekend Dvk > Napier > Taupos > Turangi & back

should tick over tomorrow!

1 year a go I was waiting for tow truck with headgasket issues so got a idea of what how many KM's I've done in a year

8432KM lol or 5240 Miles

JoKer

So then the Accelerator cable broke coming over the Saddle road FUN

bodged it up & made it hm Rung Graham aka avengerparts in Palmy

in Palmy & he had a couple in stock so I whip round get a cable

unfortunately not "quite" what i need with the setup I have (only the later Avengers had Cables) mine seems to have two 'ends' on the right on either end not the lil plastic bit so will pop in the motorbike sop tomorrow, least I have a spare in case I get stuck!

JoKer

Just spoke to Graham & yep the earlier version I have with the adjusters on each end terminates under the Brake Booster so I'm going to try & bodge something up with the kit I have & a universal cable from the bike Shop, or rescue the OEM one from the spare blue car (looks pretty haggard)

failing that revert o mechanical somehow with the parts or pedals from the Cryslers or 1500 in my parts cars

avengertiger

can you not use your outer and get a new cable made up? are the adjusters on the outer?

TheMechanicnz

Thats all i did when mine snapped, took it down to the local bike shop and they cut a new cable and slid it into the sleeve, then just silver soldered new ends onto the cable.
"It's better to enter a corner slow and come out fast than to go into a corner fast and come out dead"

avenga

Quote from: JoKer on May 14, 2017, 09:08:41 PM
So then the Accelerator cable broke coming over the Saddle road FUN

One of my throttle cables snapped a while back but I have 2 throttle cables so I keep driving like a bawse

#dualcables4life #redundantcable #backupcable

Quote from: JoKer on April 23, 2017, 09:27:14 PM
Went round the 'block' to Taupo on the weekend Dvk > Napier > Taupos > Turangi & back

should tick over tomorrow!

1 year a go I was waiting for tow truck with headgasket issues so got a idea of what how many KM's I've done in a year

8432KM lol or 5240 Miles

The Avenger dash looks quite a lot like a smaller version of the Charger dash.

Here is my Charger rolling over on Easter 2016

Nothing like a brand new 45 year old car with zero miles on the clock.

1975 Hillman Avenger 1300 Super, 1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, 1980 Chrysler Avenger 1.3GL

http://www.carphotos.co.nz
RPM Photography

JoKer

happy 5th Year Anniversary Baby!

JoKer

Left old and leaky (thought fuel consumption was up) right old and not leaky

Instantly notice car starts without cranking, suspect all fuel was dissapearing back down the line

Gas dripping out of the body / crimped area looking at installing electronic ign this arvo too which I bought off 10-5's father

JoKer

Bit cold here Last thurs

1.5 inches on the roof / 2" at a stretch of the white stuff

last time was 2011 and I was Driving this around :P

on slicks o-0

JoKer

another Snow pic (out of focus hands were cold)

And put the Right Radiator cap on 10/70 vs what I was using 7/50

Part # CN1070 Tridon

also interesting to note the Paint 'falling off' my reconditioned Radiator, mind you it was fresh / still wet when I installed it before Driving to Leadfoot 2016

Non expansion Tank style (I have not tank) & the other was for a return system etc, might help with running temps (was on the cool side even without the Snow)