Main Menu

[For Sale] 1500 Avenger Engine + Bits

Started by Nikolai, March 09, 2012, 09:58:47 PM

Nikolai

Hey guys,

As you know am doing a conversion.

For sale is my engine + gearbox. As you can see it's in very tidy condition. Clutch is rather good, got it from Richard.

Does not include extractors at the moment as they have been claimed by another user.

Has starter etc, no radiator at the moment as we may use it for my conversion.

Engine comes with Single Stromberg Carb + Manifold already installed.

Additionally selling Twin Stromberg setup with manifold.

Unfortunately I have no storage for this - so everything has to go - please make an offer - otherwise it will end up scrap metal if nobody wants to keep it in storage for me :D

Photos here:
https://plus.google.com/photos/104555883856340788058/albums/5717817891985914401

toreno

where is the engine im new here but i get the idea most of you are in nz im in the uk

Nikolai

Hey,

Yeah unfortunately I'm in Auckland, New Zealand.

Muzza

Whats the engine and box like and how much are you after for it

Nikolai

The gearbox is in great condition, as you can see by the photos the outside is really nice and clean, has been well looked after. I didn't thrash it, everything changes smoothly no problems at all. Clutch was recently changed to second hand one from Avenga.

Engine - either the exhaust manifold or the carb manifold had a smell leak, so it was pretty fumey inside the cabin. Since Mikey (might) be buying the extractors then they won't come with it, and the problem will be fixed when you re-install them properly.

Never had a problem with the engine, and did some pretty long driving trips in it (Eg AKL - North Coromandel and back with a 30mins stop at Coromandel). The thermostat needs replacing though.

Located in Auckland, the engine is on the North Shore. I could probably drop it off to a freight depot for you if needed.

Not really sure on the price for the whole package, not really looking for much probably $250 you'd have it straight away (without extractors).

Nikolai

So if $250 is the 'dream' price then offers around $200 will take it if nobody else is keen. Would need it gone in around 3 weeks maximum otherwise to the scrapyard it goes (probably)

Muzza

Ill take it  for 200 if your keen and  if nobody else wants it.

Muzza

Forgot to ask, will a 1600 manifold fit it

oldschool

Yes, you'll get more power using the 1600 manifolds as they're free flow, while the 1500 ones aren't.
The 1600 inlet manifold has a more efficient design and the exhaust manifold has twin outlets, so you'll need to use a 1600 front exhaust pipe too. The 1500 carby can be used on the 1600 manifold no problem.

Nikolai

Quote from: Muzza on March 13, 2012, 07:47:39 PM
Ill take it  for 200 if your keen and  if nobody else wants it.

Hey bro, it's yours if you want it.

Have emailed you.