Main Menu

Few delios with the Avenger Van.

Started by 79estate, December 05, 2011, 08:58:42 PM

79estate

Hae hows it going people??

Few things that have gone wrong on the Van,

1. My Original temperature guage is still not reading correctly and am running a 82 degree thermostat.
2. Rear window switch [wiper and water] its burgered so am gonna have 2 wammy up a switch of some sort to get that working.
3. Loose connection from battery to starter motor as sometimes shes just dead and have to disconnect then re-connect then she usually works. [ wires from coil or battery to stater motor ]

Any ideas??

Cheers MIkey.

kierbear

u have rear wipers and water? fancy. i dont even have water anymore
Li'l Blu

avenga

His is a van so it has heaps of fancy stuff, not really, it's pretty poverty spec.

Mikey have you replaced the dashboard with the new one I picked up for you yet? if you have and it is still wrong maybe they put in an aftermarket sender which isn't compatible with the original guages.

The rear window wiper switch may be hard to find because they are very rare. Maybe take the switch down to an auto sparky see if they can fix it.

With the start motor problems, check you earth lead. Make sure it is tight and in good nick. Then just tighten everything. it might be a break in one of the cables, I had this with my alternator, it would stop charging and if you wiggled the wires under the bonnet it would go sweet. I traced the wire and found that it was cut almost right through so it would only make contact some times.

BTW give me a yell sometime and I will pop over with that manual for you.

1975 Hillman Avenger 1300 Super, 1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, 1980 Chrysler Avenger 1.3GL

http://www.carphotos.co.nz
RPM Photography

azza1600

I have a rear wiper switch from a wagon somewhere in my stash,mmmmmm where could it be lol

79estate

YEs please azza it is highly needed!!

but Vans only come with the rear window washer/wiper switch, but if you have one that would be so good!!

Cheers.

79estate

Hae Richard,

I sure have put the new original guage in that you purchased for me, yeah thats true it could be the sender, but to be honest im really not to sure what it could be but im going to give it in to a auto saprky soon to get all my bits and bobs sorted out before new years.

yeah, im going to see if the auto sparky can do something for me, aftermarket switch or something??

Check the earth leads, all sweet, its one of the wires to the starter motor, its in real shit condition, so im going to see if the auto sparky can sort that out for me too.

Cheers Richard i will do.

Cheers Mikey.