Main Menu

gt's hillman avenger top hat discussion

Started by gt, November 04, 2011, 09:21:09 AM

oldschool

What a nice auto...love that blue dashboard!!
I've only ever seen black dashboards on our NZ assembled Hillman Avengers...maybe because many interior parts like the carpets, seats, door panels, hood lining, etc. were made here to boost Kiwi employment...lol

avenga

Awesome looking Avenger Top hat.

What was the deal with the top hat model? was it just the paint job and vinyl roof or did it have any go faster bits on it? I see it is an Auto.

In NZ we never got any of the special edition Avengers, I hear there is also a limited edition "Avenger Sunseeker"

Were they all just special paint jobs etc, because Valiant Australia did the same with the Valiant Chargers like the White Knight Special and Drifter. Both were just fancy paint jobs.

White Knight Special

Drifter

1975 Hillman Avenger 1300 Super, 1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, 1980 Chrysler Avenger 1.3GL

http://www.carphotos.co.nz
RPM Photography

kierbear

Quote from: oldschool on November 04, 2011, 10:42:18 AM
What a nice auto...love that blue dashboard!!
I've only ever seen black dashboards on our NZ assembled Hillman Avengers...maybe because many interior parts like the carpets, seats, door panels, hood lining, etc. were made here to boost Kiwi employment...lol

the avenger in napier with the bonnet scoop :s has a blue dash. p.s u know you love brown velevet dashes better anyway!
Li'l Blu

JoKer

kierbear

Li'l Blu

oldschool

Is that a Cougar Dash Kiera...gotta watch out for them...lol