Main Menu

Wanted: Weird bits. Over-riders and rear window louvers.

Started by blekkja, September 27, 2011, 11:59:10 PM

blekkja

Gotta pimp the old girl out a bit, eh.

Keep an eye out, y'all. I know these do exist.
Chill Datto, bro!

avenga

Aaron (Azza1600) has rear window louvers on his. I think he said he got them from the UK.

1975 Hillman Avenger 1300 Super, 1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, 1980 Chrysler Avenger 1.3GL

http://www.carphotos.co.nz
RPM Photography

taylor

Guys, why is Azza's avenger going so cheaply?
My old man wants to take a look haha.

avenga

I think the later Chrysler Avengers are a bit harder to sell, I also know Aaron is really picky about who buys his Avenger, and I really respect him for that. I guess he would rather sell it for cheaper to an enthusiast than letting some boyracer get it.

I have been down to see Aaron's Avengers and the one he is selling is a nice example. I am really glad he is taking his time selling it and making sure it goes to the right home. With so few Avengers left it is really important we preserve everyone we can.

1975 Hillman Avenger 1300 Super, 1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, 1980 Chrysler Avenger 1.3GL

RPM Photography

taylor

azza1600

Yep your bang on Avenga, would love to see it cared for...then I will be able to start using my 1300GL, I mean get it out of the shed lol, as for my louver got it on TM 8 years ago I picked it up from Hamilton, it was made in England and I havent ever seen another one in NZ on a Avenger, $40 was a steal

blekkja

There was a Yellow Chrysler I used to see every now and then with them. So jealous.
Chill Datto, bro!

avenga

One of my mates has a mint single owner Chrysler Avenger GLS.

RPM Photography

blekkja

Yeah: exactly the colour and model. Real tidy. But with louvers. The rest of the car could have looked like anything - not important. haha.

One of my other silly ambitions is when I have enough money to waste on stupidity is to get a GSR Lancer or something, and completely devolve it. Repaint it brown, chuck on a vinyl roof, driver's window rainguard, reupholster the seats in white vinyl, chuck out the computer and replace the injectors with some sweet twin carbys, jack up the back and chuck it on some killer turbos. (If people can ruin old cars with new crap, why not do the opposite?)
Chill Datto, bro!

taylor

Hey Azza, my dad's looking for a project thats a bit cheaper to run than his 1938 Ford v8 that hes had for 34 years haha.

He'll give you a ring sometime, still discussing buying it with mum.

Blek: I'd love to see your ideal GSR! a friend of mine actually owns one of those lol.

blekkja

My brother suggests that an Altezza would be a better bet - and he is absolutely right. Problem being that I actually really rate Altezzas and so it would make the idea far less hilarious. I will actually be looking to get one myself sometime in the next few years - and not just because they are the only RWD car in their class (BMWs are yuck and don't count). In 20 years time I will still be wanting to be messing around with old cars, and getting a good one of those while there are still heaps around makes a lot of sense to me.
Chill Datto, bro!

azza1600

Hey taylor, yer get him to give me a buzz or give me his number and ill call him, really want it to go to a good home, its a cool little Venger and wouldnt need much tobe mint ey, would look a million buks wif a paint, if I had space and time I would be doing it myself, by the way nice job on your venger dude

kierbear

Li'l Blu

azza1600

Haha had the GL for 13 years and the super for 11, I like holding on to stuff lol

kierbear

Li'l Blu