Main Menu

Blekkja's Folly: A discussion.

Started by blekkja, September 15, 2011, 03:56:23 PM

blekkja

Chill Datto, bro!

avenga

77 GLS Alpine looks so race car with that paint job

Love the slammed '73 GLS. Cool colour and looks awesome that low.

what a coincidence that your 78 1300 Super and 74 Super Estate have the same number plates.

Now I have some sad new for you.... I have seen your 76 GLS (CMU699) recently and I'm afraid to tell you but the story didn't end well for your poor GLS.

A young Indian chap brought your GLS up to Auckland, He tried to sell it on Trademe.

I remember seeing the auction and thinking it was quite a nice car but alas nobody wanted to buy it.

So he continued to drive it until one day in the wet he had a little boo boo.

He then tried to sell it on trademe again, this time in a much worse state. I went around to see it and your poor GLS was dead. He had rear ended a Ute and the towbar went through the radiator in to the engine smashing the water pump and driving it back in to the engine block, the engine wouldn't turn and there was water in the oil. The chassis was pretty bent up.

One good thing is he did manage to sell it this time. Although he only got a few hundred for it. I am sure it went to the scrappers.

1975 Hillman Avenger 1300 Super, 1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, 1980 Chrysler Avenger 1.3GL

http://www.carphotos.co.nz
RPM Photography

blekkja

Stink. I hope someone grabbed out the suspension, mags and high back seats off it. I think that is where my good dash and instruments ended up too. The paint job did make it look a lot better than it actually was. The amount of cable ties that we used to keep it together was something else, too. Notable examples was the accelerator linkage and the clutch cable about the firewall.

Saw someone had it on trademe also, and sold it for $1000 more than I got for it. Idiot though, I had a huge argument with them about leaf springs - they wouldn't believe me, even with my name on the ownership history, that it didn't have them!
Chill Datto, bro!

blekkja

As a matter of interest how much did he want for it before the prang?

I originally brought it off a mate for just $250 - he had saved up a couple of thousand to buy a station wagon (needed it to move his drumkit, etc, around) and had scored a old bluebird for stupidly cheap so he gave it to me at the same price... Good cunt. I got $1500 for it, but saw it a year later reserve met for $2500.
Chill Datto, bro!

avenga

I think before the prang he wanted somewhere around $2000 or $3000 from memory. I remember thinking he wanted too much for it and that he should have lowered his price to sell it. I told him that when I went to view it after the prang.

It didn't have a good dash and instruments because that is what I went out there to look for. I am converting my dash to a GLS and I remember that it was missing the center part of the dashboard, and the fake wood facia around the cluster was missing or covered up. Plus it didn't have a rev counter. It didn't have highback seats in it when he was selling it and the back seat was ripped.

It didn't have the dual valve spring head either. I passed on it because there wasn't enough good bits left to make it worth my while. It did look nice before the prang but after as you said probably only the wheels were of interest to me.

1975 Hillman Avenger 1300 Super, 1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, 1980 Chrysler Avenger 1.3GL

http://www.carphotos.co.nz
RPM Photography

kierbear

thats a really beautiful orange, cool timeline haha
Li'l Blu

avengertiger

nice avenger history you have the bug alright!!!!!

kierbear

i rememebr seeing that on trademe when it had been crashed, it looked mint until u saw the front of it
Li'l Blu

blekkja

Oh: Most importantly it had a wicked 8 Ball gear knob... I would have grabbed it off if I had had a spare...
Chill Datto, bro!