Main Menu

very clean gls on trademe

Started by avengertiger, September 07, 2011, 07:02:42 PM

avengertiger

a very clean looking series 7 gls is listed on trademe with a substantial asking price,with it being an auto and the later model i am struggling to see it make that much? but it does seem to be very clean honest looking car.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/other/hillman/auction-405626775.htm

oldschool

Yes low km's and one owner too! I suspect $6500 is about what he paid for the GLS new?!
I don't think they're going for that much, even in the UK...what do you think Paddy??
There's a couple of GLS's under $4000 that have been on TradeMe for months.

avengertiger

i have seen some high prices in the uk for standard models and converted to uk pounds it would be around 3300 pounds which wouldnt be far off the mark for a really clean original one.
well whatever price it goes for it would be good to see someone who likes them buy it,would be a shame to see it "matt blacked rollin on modgies with a dumpy"
paddy you buy it and ship it home doubt you will be dissapointed by its condition ;D

JoKer

that is very cool

not sure on price, is kinda worth it BUT weird to think it could be worth more than my Legacy??

Paddy75

Hey again folks. Well if u found one in Ireland in that good repair it'd be
Abroad and thinkin' of avenger

Paddy75

Hey that car is too good for my plans for a Chry/Talbot! They include a hacksaw and the rear caps!

BTW I've added a few advertising pic to the photobucket. You see how the '76 winning Avenger is called a Chrysler!

Blasphmey!

All Avengers are Rootes products. Sure its why people still called a '79, a Hillman.

Paddy75

I mean to say if the '73 blue yoke was auto and GT. There was an auto (72/73 top hat) with a busted c'head for 750 i think i seen somewhere easy enough to get runnin' if ye have a head, a set of spanyards and a valve g-clamp. Idea...

avengertiger

that top hat is sold now paddy eamon in draperstown bought it,he is on here also his username is gt......

JoKer

Paddy75

Hahahaha fair play to him!

The Avengers all going to Ireland! Fair enough if nobody loves them in eng, like that guy selling the 73 blue DL, wants a Ford. That would have been a steal, by the sound of things it just needed a head - easy.

kierbear

that must take the auto tally up to 8, i think
Li'l Blu

gt

yip have the top hat bought and just getting someone to get her picked up.
think i should have a head lyin around somewhere in me shed! heres a pic of said auto.....

avenga

Awesome score! Looks really good. look forward to hearing more about it when you get it home.

1975 Hillman Avenger 1300 Super, 1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, 1980 Chrysler Avenger 1.3GL

http://www.carphotos.co.nz
RPM Photography