Main Menu

Avengers on Trademe (NZ's EBay)

Started by avengertiger, July 26, 2011, 09:01:54 PM

hunted

am getting more info as we speak but Im pretty sure its a 1300 and has been thrashed like Ross's mum.

body is sweet as though and looks sweet with the twin head lights.

hunted

Right, so it is the car I think it is. Know the guy who had it before the curent owen (albeit it for a very brief amount of time). Is a single carb 1600, but the engine is too healthy from what Ive heard (and seen....was rather smokey). Wa originally twin carb but was converted. Can put you in touch of the guy I know and he still has the twin carbs etc and will part with for cash money.

Dude says the body is straight though and real solid so is still a decent car.

avenga

If the body is good and you have a spare engine then it's all good.

Just stick a hot 1600 in it and use the auto bellhousing for a 5 speed sierra gearbox conversion. would be sweet as.

1975 Hillman Avenger 1300 Super, 1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, 1980 Chrysler Avenger 1.3GL

http://www.carphotos.co.nz
RPM Photography

JoKer

sweet : yea would take a while before I got another motor together but awesome info

have cam and that otor would be 2 1600 blocks, still have twin Solex's here resting in shed, and the set that came off the motor you sauced me

all gud :P

If the auto is in good nick would keep it till it breaks :P Like having odd-all stuff plus maybe keep value / if any LOL

oldschool

Those borg warner autos are pretty bullet proof, are often used behind 6 cyl Fords and Chryslers.
The only problem I've heard of is losing reverse, just caused by a broken spring in the valve body...easy to fix...lol

avenga

Yeah I have a BW35 in my Valiant Charger (the 3 speed version of the BW45 in an Avenger) and it goes really well.

1975 Hillman Avenger 1300 Super, 1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, 1980 Chrysler Avenger 1.3GL

RPM Photography

JoKer

daydreaming of towing the trailer/rally car with it

be the bees knees

"tui"

hunted

more useless information, triumph 6's also run bw35's and 65s.

autos are for sissys/kiera though

JoKer

bahahahahah racecar...

edit : she also cant login for some technical reason : has tried clearing cookies etc. but no go

JoKer

ITS MINE!!!! just spoke to Josh (seller)

reckons had been offer 1200, let it go for 1k, due to handbrake bit iffy currently

happy dance

avenga

Woohoo!!!! That's awesome news!! can't wait till you get it and post some pictures of it.

RPM Photography

JoKer

just got this

Quote from: BorgweiserDONT DO IT,
if so offer him fuck all, I sold him that for seven hundred with a new wof, all he has done is blown the diff, broken the handbrake cable and drift damaged the left rear quarter..
Solid as body tho, have the twin carb gear here, put a new pinion bearing in it and seal for him, diff still needs setting up properly as I just whacked it in for him.
Guy is a whiney lil stoner, offer him five hundi as is ;)
Good motor and less than 50,000 miles on it I believe
James

oh well still aint bad I reckon (I dont mind posting this here : reckon not many ppl see it anyway)

hunted

haha ah well. not sure where I got the idea the motor was crap from though, sorry abotut hat lol

JoKer

chur : yea James is offering to help reset the Diff proper

not sure if I will hae time : should make it here ok as is (Hutt > Dvke 300km?) have spare diffs too

avenga

Oh well, looks like you have a bit of work to do on it, but at least you got it for a good price and you have all the bits needed to fix it up.

I will look forward to watching your progress on getting it all up to scratch.

Left rear doesn't look too bad, and I don't know how you blow a diff on a 1300 auto.

RPM Photography