Main Menu

Avengers on Trademe (NZ's EBay)

Started by avengertiger, July 26, 2011, 09:01:54 PM

JoKer

avenga

That's Hamish's other Avenger. I have seen it is person. It has really good bones, doesn't need much at all to get it back on the road. He said he will give a bit of a discount to forum members.

1975 Hillman Avenger 1300 Super, 1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, 1980 Chrysler Avenger 1.3GL

http://www.carphotos.co.nz
RPM Photography

JoKer

Favebook 79 Chrysler : https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2516503308623494/

Looks fairly straight : apart from the front...

Wasnt there someone on here looking for one of these? (or whats the chances : its the seller :P

Quote1979 Chrysler Avenger
Hastings, Hawke's Bay ? 23 minutes ago ?
$200

It would be great for someone who has a avenger or is restoring one. It was road legal till it had a date with a ditch. It will have no motor or box but a rolling chassis with a spare diff and a few other suspension bits. Will come on 4x alloys but one has a flat

yellow79

Yeah it is the seller haha, it's not as straight as it looks and I accidentally bought a Capri which it's taking all my spare time and money haha. Amy forum members need any bits?

JoKer

heh yea soz Went looking & found your posts : LOL accidentally huh

is rego still alive? otherwise I was thinging of mainly the diff tbh

yellow79

The rego is live, but only has 1 plate. Yeah pretty much the only reason I don't want to scrap it it's the diffs and the glass and the reg but nobody really wants it haha

JoKer

www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=2577709557

very nice, original & tidy 1600 Alpine : with a 1300 and what looks like all new Hoses & fittings too with a single Weber

QuoteOne of a Kind Hillman Avenger, rare as hens teeth.

Excellent Condition inside and out.

Re-conditioned motor (Run in with fluid change at 5000km), Brand new tuned Weber Side-draught carburetor on Lynx Manifold with extractors/exhaust, lowered on ross style mags with high performance tyres. Excellent car for its age, will only increase in value.

Relocating back to Australia sad to see it go.

Viewings welcome 021831643

JoKer

LINK : www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=2583653016

QuoteDescription

Hillman avenger stripped out. No front  guards or bonnet. Has fibreglass boot lid and homologated rollcage. Can’t find the logbook unfortunately. Has front suspension but no rear end. Firewall was cut to suit Lexus v8. Viewing welcome. Currently sitting in a barn.       
[/list]

JoKer

Today's I think was posted in Facebook a few weeks back

www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=2586824888

QuoteChrysler Avenger.
Starts, runs and drives. But has been stored for 30 years.
Clutch not working. May need bleed, not sure.
Car reg is dead
Radiator has withered away and not usable

No idea what the cars worth, so will see how auction goes.

Just might be one for the cleanest cars I've seen for sale! and an almost un cracked dash!

and an original under 100'000 KM car too it appears from Carjam!

https://www.carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=jm1167

JoKer

www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=2620806423

Super tidy Example! Could easily sell for the asking price IMHO

QuoteWof until 12 Aug 2020 and Reg until next Feb

- 107,503kms

- 4-speed manual

- 1300cc

- no rust

- comes with car manual and history

- credit to the last owner for keeping it fully original and in storage so that it remained in such a good condition

- runs like a dream

- selling as I need a bigger, more practical vehicle

One minor mark on passenger door

This could be one of the best original examples left of the 'avenger' in NZ

7,503kms on dash but true kilometers  are 107,503 as being a 5-digit odometer it has not long clicked around the clock - consistent with a carjam report

JoKer

And not sure if I have posted this one either yet (was on the "Other cars you might like" bar LOL)

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/chrysler/auction-2594405524.htm

A little bit rougher with rust in all the common places

QuoteReg on hold
Having a clear out. Has been off the road for almost 20 years - and looks like it.
Pretty straight and complete car - front bumper bar included
Some rust under rear doors but have not looked underneath
Easy restoration project
Have not attempted to start it
Only shiney because I had just waterblasted it!

HenryM

There is an Orange Chrysler avenger Station wagon for sale on facebook in Christchurch at moment.

JoKer

Quote from: HenryM on June 24, 2020, 10:43:50 AM
There is an Orange Chrysler avenger Station wagon for sale on facebook in Christchurch at moment.

ooh!

and oh

sadly cant find it : closed group maybe? (Private) any chance of a screenshot or link?

can email to me jaredm@xtra.co.nz if it helps

(Or Dino might have already bought it LOL

HenryM

JoKer

chur! received and Re hosted Thank you for indulging my demands :P

'usual' door rust & Carjam : https://www.carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=ja7978

Last on road about 2003