Main Menu

Avengers on Trademe (NZ's EBay)

Started by avengertiger, July 26, 2011, 09:01:54 PM

kierbear

lol mikey have u met ross? they suit his and the car's personality completely!
Li'l Blu

oldschool

After getting dissed so much at the Oldschool Nats last year I've put the Avenger hubcaps back on...you can have the old ones Kiera, put a bit of bling in your life...LOL

oldschool

Can you drive a manual Kiera??!!

avenga

1975 Hillman Avenger 1300 Super, 1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, 1980 Chrysler Avenger 1.3GL

http://www.carphotos.co.nz
RPM Photography

kierbear

ooh i thought it looked familiar.
Li'l Blu

vitamin c avenger

Yep its mine I don't want to sell it but got no room for it, and need money to do my alpine.

avenga

It's not a real tiger. It is a replica.

I rung the guy, he wouldn't let me view the car then he hung up on my when I asked question about the car.

1975 Hillman Avenger 1300 Super, 1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, 1980 Chrysler Avenger 1.3GL

RPM Photography

oldschool

Yeah, I was a bit suspicious when I saw the Alpine door trim and passengers seat...lol
Would be kicking myself if there was a real Tiger in Auckland and I didn't know about it!!
Still good value for a replica/rally car?!

blekkja

Quote from: avenga on March 31, 2012, 10:09:09 AM

I rung the guy, he wouldn't let me view the car then he hung up on my when I asked question about the car.

What?
Chill Datto, bro!

avenga

Quote from: avenga on March 31, 2012, 10:09:09 AM

Quote from: blekkja on March 31, 2012, 11:21:31 AM
What?

Yeah, He was really rude. I was just asking him normal questions about the car and he hung up on me. I rung him back and he hung up on me again.

He flat out said it was a replica when I asked him if it was a real tiger. He wouldn't tell me anything about what engine it had or nothing.

He said it has rallied but I have never seen it in any major event.

I was legitimately ringing because I was interested in buying it but if you won't let people view it or you won't answer legitimate and fair questions about it then how do you hope to sell it?

So yeah the only thing he told me is that is was a replica and then hung up on me.

RPM Photography

avenga

I see he has changed the wording of his auction. At least now it says it is a replica on the auction. I see it has also changed from a 1500cc to a 1600cc. He has also added more photos.

Carjam has it registered as a 1978 Hillman Avenger Tiger with a 1600cc.

From the engine bay shot it looks like it has a todd motors ID plate so I think it is NZ new.

Here is the listing before

Hillman Avenger Tiger
Asking price: $10,000 Or Near Offer

Hillman Avenger Tiger - 1973
Manual
Manufacturer : Chrysler United Kingdom Ltd
Limited production derivative of Avenger intended for racing and rallying.
Race No 61
1500cc Modified
Roll Cage
The car is a member of the Royal Automobile Club in England

And after

Hillman Avenger Tiger 1973 Replicia
Asking price: $10,000 Or Near Offer

Hillman Avenger Tiger - 1973 replicia

Manual.

Manufacturer : Chrysler United Kingdom Ltd

Limited production derivative of Avenger intended for racing and rallying.

Race No 61.

1600cc engine completely rebuilt. Hasnt been raced since the engine was rebuilt, But is started and checked over every two weeks.

Another set of wheels also comes with it.

Road Registrated.

Have used A-frame or a trailer to get to the track, but have driven it myself to Pukekohe.

Certified Roll Cage.

Car has been used for Hillclimbs and race tracks.

Has a log book, the car started racing in 1994.

The car is a member of the Royal Automobile Club in England as a recognised replica Avenger.

RPM Photography

blekkja

Weird. You:

1: live in auckland
2: like avengers
3: are/were involved in motorsport
4: are/were involved in motorsport in avengers.

Surely given this you think you would have already known about the car if it had been seen in public for whatever reason. And I know that you weren't asking stupid questions or giving the impression of tyre kicking.

Sale's off, then?
Chill Datto, bro!

avenga

Quote from: blekkja on March 31, 2012, 11:50:27 PM
Weird. You:

1: live in auckland
2: like avengers
3: are/were involved in motorsport
4: are/were involved in motorsport in avengers.

Surely given this you think you would have already known about the car if it had been seen in public for whatever reason. And I know that you weren't asking stupid questions or giving the impression of tyre kicking.

Sale's off, then?

Yeah, I haven't seen the car before. My guess is he raced it before my time. His last WOF was in September 2000 which is just before I started racing my Avenger so he probably stopped racing just as I started racing. In the 5 years that I raced my Avenger I never saw another Avenger circuit car at Pukekohe during my time.

There were 3 Avengers who used to do the Targa (Kevin Smith, Kirsten Courtney and Mike Vincent) but they all stopped racing around 2007-2008. There was a V8 Avenger I used to get my ass kicked by in hillclimbs but other than that there wasn't many racing Avenger up in the north.

Yeah, I am not interested in the car now, his attitude put me off it. It is a shame that he didn't give me a chance to view it but I wish him all the best with the sale and hopefully it goes to a good home and that the new owner joins the forum.

RPM Photography