Main Menu

1300super's Avenger (ex Hunted)

Started by 1300super, May 23, 2011, 05:40:45 PM

1300super

Hi, im sure youll all be familiar with this car.
Met up with Hunted im Blenheim yesterday, Top bloke! had a chat, swapped keys and a some green stuff and we were away, hes now got my Triumph 2500 S. Anyway Im stoked with the Avenger, drove it back to Motueka with a engine in the boot, 4 wheels inside and a box of spares. After afew epic over-taking fails and hairy moments on the whangamoas we made it home.
Have no real plans for the Avenger as yet, just going to tidy up afew bits and use it as my daily at the moment. I will be looking into lowering it a little more though maybe.
heres afew pics, just showing some bits ill be fixing up. Its great to see theres a Avenger forum, im sure ill have pleanty of questions for you guys when i decide to put the 1600 motor in haha.

in its new home.

little rip in the seat that ill get fixed

repaint this

and fix up this

cheers

1300super

Ok so had afew issues over the past week but nothing major, Fan belt came off in Richmond, then the exhaust flange gasket gave up so it sounded like a tractor, and then the alternator started playing up. Still its all part of owning a British car. Got a new belt, fixed the alternator but the flange gasket was a pig of a thing. First all the brass nuts were threaded, so I found some new bolts and tried to put them on. Turned out the thread was buggered on the studs about half way along. So to remedy the situation i found some big nuts and used them to space out the studs. Worked a bloody treat.

1300super

I Now officially have a heater!!! Its sooooo lush. Dont have to wear a jacket, hat, and gloves when i drive at night.

kierbear

i should probably also get around to doing that, although i did just get some swanky gloves. but heat sounds nice
Li'l Blu

1300super

Well I thought I'd show you all what ive been playing around at. So after the 1300 finally gave up the ghost I ripped it out, steam cleaned the engine bay, sanded the manky parts and repainted them. Cleaned up the gearbox, new clutch, Slapped it all together and threw it in. on with the pics.

and New ride height thanks to Makita Racing coils & vauxhall viva shocks.

1300super

The 1600 in all its Lushness. New headgasket and all. Note the Nasty blue pipe going to the catch can. Hopefully i can find something a bit more suiting, but it will do for now. All thats left to do is put he bonnet on, Find some bolts for the Fibreglass air cleaner holder and put a little breather filter on the Catch can. Runs like a dream now.

1300super

ITS FINISHED!!!!! Well more or less, just got to save up my pennies for a Air filter. Took it for its first proper drive today, very very pleased with the result.

1300super