Main Menu

gt's avenger restoration discussion

Started by gt, April 06, 2011, 09:49:53 AM

avenga

I see what you mean about rust. That sill looks pretty bad but the rest of the car looks pretty good. I have seen much worse looking cars restored. One of my mates is just restoring a Chrysler Valiant Charger and it is like 10 times worse than yours, he nicknamed it "Kinder" as in Kinder Surprise because every panel he stripped was just full of rust holes and bog (body fuller).

It is good to see more 2 doors being restored because they must be getting pretty rare some days. There would be less than a dozen over in NZ as they were never imported over here.

Thanks for sharing your project with us and I look forward to seeing the progress.

What are you plans for the engine and paint etc? Are you going to keep the standard engine or put in a hot little engine? What colour are you going to paint it?

1975 Hillman Avenger 1300 Super, 1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, 1980 Chrysler Avenger 1.3GL

http://www.carphotos.co.nz
RPM Photography

avengertiger

hey eamon good to see it up on the forum i can remember seeing the car in joes and it looked quite good although had been painted badly for a film or tv show,just shows what lurks beneath,avengers and sunbeams suffered in really akward places to repair back home.
hope to see it progress when you can get the chance so have you flipped a coin yet to decide which one it is that gets done?

JoKer

wow that is impressive - i know of a 2dr in a shed not far from me :P

kierbear

Li'l Blu

mdcdodge

Ohhh!! that`s a nice car!! good luck with it!!!

Mdc from Argentina!!
Maxi Mdc - Dodge fierro.
You might have a fast car, but doesn`t make it a DODGE!!