Main Menu

gt's 2 dr avenger restoration

Started by gt, April 06, 2011, 09:48:29 AM

gt

hi everyone this is my 2dr avenger. ive always been into avengers and sunbeams for years and always promised myself a 2 dr avenger.
even in ireland the 2 dr is a rare sight in road trim so getting a project car was difficult but i always held out hope for one.
this car came up local to me and of course i had to buy it!
you really dont know how lucky you guys are having such clean realitively rust free examples to work at,as this thread shows this car was not great in places.
ive not posted up pictures or started a thread of this car as its on hold at the minute for reasons other than time and money!
but i do hope putting it up on here might get my mojo back.
the pictures tell the story so far,and i will add the text explaining my thinking and techiniques on the way.....enjoy

let the strip down commence!!

gt

had already got the spit for sunbeam projects so just slightly modified the brackets to  suit the avenger.
a must have piece of kit for any serious project. thats unless you are spoiled and have a lift!
well at this stage the car was basically a sheel, only the roof cloth and the dashboard remained.
i then started the horrible job of scraping off all of the underseal this had to be done so i could get the car to the next stage.......

mikeystoy

That's the dash our "low" level cars got
71 plymouth cricket
71 plymouth cricket
71 plymouth cricket
72 plymouth cricket
81 ford courier
82 jeep wagoneer
85 volvo 245
67 chevrolet c10
58 desoto firesweep
61 dodge d300