Main Menu

wtb new oil pump

Started by avengertiger, May 30, 2021, 06:53:06 PM

avengertiger

someone had one for sale on trademe was on for ages and then dissapeared had a feeling it might be ross? on here maybe not though
if anyone has one let me know will be contacting bowdens etc as well to try source new old stock greame has rebuild kits if anyone needs one of them.

TheMechanicnz

They're available from speedy spares In the uk if you get stuck for one. 
"It's better to enter a corner slow and come out fast than to go into a corner fast and come out dead"

avengertiger

thanks jack, i heard the was a batch circulating in the uk from iran which had metric pitch on the oil pump gear instead off imperial and although impossible to spot by eye wears the gear very quickly and ends in drama!!! I have a good spare coming from mike vincent up north and a kit from greame so can hopefully rebuild a good one here.I will check with speedys too and see if they are n.o.s hillman ones though.
hows that head transplant coming along you were trying? the pump is for our rally car which is nearing completion build wise.

TheMechanicnz

Ah you've got me worried now, fitted an oil pump from there in my engine which I've yet to put on the road. Unfortunately haven't progressed any further on the head transplant,  other things have taken priority and trying to focus what time I get on getting the rest of the car finished.
"It's better to enter a corner slow and come out fast than to go into a corner fast and come out dead"

avengertiger

i will double check with speedys which ones they have are,neville breach i think it was used one off the different pumps and lunched his race engine,he may have purchased through ebay or another seller though and not speedys.speedys in my experience always had a huge stock off genuine rootes stuff so you may be ok.