Main Menu

WTB Heater Radiator

Started by blu, October 03, 2019, 09:51:01 AM

blu

Looking for a heater radiator for my ?75 if anyone has one they?re willing to depart with

JoKer

I'd strongly suggest getting or making something new to fit, or getting the newest you can find that has not been sitting for 25 years (like most of mine)

they seem to be the first thing to rust out & wet your feet & carpet etc

assuming you mean the Heater inside the car? {not the Radiator in front of the car for cooling}

& yeah sorry useless info I don't know of any recent installs or what fits sorry!

I can have a dig & get some measurements of existing Heater cores I have access too?

bit of a pain too as the Dash comes out easy enough but the structure is welded in & not as simple getting under it ( I have dreamed of drilling the spot welds out but unsure how far you have to go to do a propper job)

[edit]

actually PM Avenga

he may have the guts out of his 80 Wagon he put the V8 into? as the dash came out & his intake is where the heater was etc

avenga

Quote from: JoKer on October 03, 2019, 04:31:46 PM

[edit]

actually PM Avenga

he may have the guts out of his 80 Wagon he put the V8 into? as the dash came out & his intake is where the heater was etc

The heater core from my wagon is going in to my '75 because it was "the first thing to rust out & wet your feet & carpet etc" Right in the middle of my last South Island road trip, so I had to stop on the side of the road, somewhere down in the Catlins and quickly bypass the heater!!!

1975 Hillman Avenger 1300 Super, 1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, 1980 Chrysler Avenger 1.3GL

http://www.carphotos.co.nz
RPM Photography

Ron151

hi there i had the same problem with my avenger what i did was bypassed the valve on the heater  an got a valve out of a honda crx mounted on the engine use a longer cable welded to rear bracket that the heater pipes clip 2