Main Menu

avenger engine swap for sale!!

Started by yellow79, April 28, 2019, 10:09:06 PM

yellow79

So situations have changed a bit and I no longer have room for the poor girl. It?s a 1979 saloon with a Toyota 1600cc 4age and 5 speed gear box swapped in. The motor went really well, the factory brakes not so much and I stacked it. Still runs and drives, good condition motor and box, professionally made and balanced drive shafts and have a spare axle and couple other parts but to finish it in needs a driveshaft hoop, an after market ecu to get the engines full power and a new shell. 90% of the work done if you want a modern engine in your avenger and I really want to see it finished but just don?t have the space anymore. Is anyone interested in buying her?

yellow79

Here?s a link to a video of building it on a friend YouTube channel
https://youtu.be/imKHXJ4rtBo

avenga

I have been following the build videos on YoutTube for a while. Looks like it has been a pretty easy conversion so far and I was looking forward to seeing the rest of the project.

It would be a really good project for someone to take over, because as you said, 90% of the work is done.

What sort of price are you looking for?

How bad is the body after you stacked it? if the body is toast, would you sell just the engine swap parts?

1975 Hillman Avenger 1300 Super, 1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, 1980 Chrysler Avenger 1.3GL

http://www.carphotos.co.nz
RPM Photography

yellow79

The body is pretty toast but the subframe, crosmember and driveshaft are all ready to bolt in to a new shell. Then you just have to re plumb the fuel lines and swap over the wiring harnesses (or buy a mega squirt ecu and harness because there only $800 retail and much simpler, this is what I would do if I kept the car.) make a drive shaft hoop and put in the radiator which was a 3 core Honda Civic one and fits avengers really well. And drill the firewall to install the clutch master and swap the modified pedal from my car in and then it?s just cert and you would have a fuel injected twin cam five speed avenger which would be epic. I would like $2000 because that?s what I could get selling the engine ect but would rather try sell it complete first and see the project finished so make me an offer