Main Menu

Back on the road? Radiator required , dam it!

Started by nzanthony, January 03, 2019, 03:58:06 PM

nzanthony

Hi guys, well shes back on the road with a new engine but the radiator guy flushed and pressure tested my radiator, painted it, given the thumbs up and was reinstalled. I drove home last Saturday, pulled the grill off to repair a brken section and to my horror found my radiator missing most of its outer fins. Those that remain simply crumble if you even breath on them... WTF??? Apparently a radiator will do this if it has been sitting. Well thats fine but is it possible a radiator in this state of disrepair be handled by multiple parties and seemingly be in good order. Has the effect of heating pronounced the rot or something after such a short time? Thourghts? Dont suppose anyone has a replacement they'd want to sell.

JoKer

They are all in similar condition of that age sorry

Best & common answer is to get it re-cored (they save the top & bottom tanks and re-solder in the important parts in between)

otherwise I've seen Honda and even Peugot units used (I have one in my race car semi successful)

sounds like its fine for now, the connecting fins do do tings but you can live without them, keep n eye on the temps perhaps?